WHY DID I CRY WHEN I GOT MY COVID VACCINATION?



My sister got in touch with me to let me know that my age group was now eligible to have the vaccine. I was both excited and if I am honest a bit frightened. I had registered with a local doctors surgery a few days before so that I would get called for my vaccine. They told me that it would be a couple of weeks at the earliest that they would call me. So I logged onto the NHS website and after a few attempts to find somewhere local, I found a vaccination centre 18 miles away. Thankfully the owners of the land where I am staying had had their vaccinations and they knew that I was in my own bubble, having not been around anyone for nearly four months, so they kindly offered to take me to get my vaccination.

When the day came, Tuesday 2nd March 2021, I woke up feeling really anxious, like I used to feel before exams and job interviews, butterflies in my stomach. On the drive there I realised that I was feeling quite overwhelmed about being out in a car heading to get the vaccine. I had not noticed before just how  protected I had become in my little bubble, in my motorhome in the field, just going for walks and cycle rides to the sea, on my own. Today was the ticket that I needed to venture further afield when lockdown ended. I was not sure that I was ready for it. In fact when I walked into the centre and spoke to the woman at the front door I had to apologise because I started to cry. I was totally shocked by how emotional I felt. I soon pulled myself together and got the vaccination. I did not feel a thing. 

The following day I had a headache and my eyes hurt. My whole body ached like I had flu and I struggled to do anything. So I succumbed to it and just rested all day, sleeping on and off and watching 'Married at First sight in Australia'. Which I would not normally do, but I got hooked and had to watch the whole series in the end? I have to say some people are just vile and cruel to other people and I will not be watching the next series.

Within forty-eight hours I felt ok and now I am eager to get going again on my adventures. I really do not know where I will be heading because there are going to be so many people in motorhomes doing staycations. All desperate to hit the road on April 12th, as soon as many campsites reopen. I do not want to be part of that mayhem. I embarked on this trip around Great Britain to find the hidden gems of places and the interesting older people who are living their lives to the full. To challenge ageism and ageist stereotypes of what retired pensioners do with their lives and champion pro-ageing. I wanted to inspire older women to take that risk to do that thing that they have always wanted to do, but were too scared to do.

When I headed off in my motorhome eighteen months ago, I was scared too but I wanted to scare myself and push myself out of my comfort zone, to live and feel things that I had not had time to do, because I was so busy rushing around working to earn money to buy STUFF that I did not need. Now I had got rid of my flat and most of my belongings I had the time and space to really live my life. Who the heck could have envisaged a Pandemic would stop me in my tracks, not once, twice but three times in lockdown situations. 

 Each one getting harder and harder psychologically. Being holed up in a motorhome from half three in the afternoon when the sunset, until after eight in the morning when the sun rose, takes its toll. Even my body was beginning to close down and I felt very achy. When it snowed I loved it but then very soon the novelty of that also wore off when my pipes froze and I had to melt snow for water.

Saying all this I would not have missed this last eighteen months in my motorhome.  I wanted to push myself and this most certainly has pushed me. I did have a period of time over Christmas and New year, where I even considered stopping this adventure. After talking to friends and family I got a new found enthusiasm for what I am doing and I then vowed not to be beaten by the Pandemic.I am going to continue to do this until it feels like the right time to stop. There is still so much to see. I have not been to Wales, Ireland, Devon and Cornwall and the far North of Scotland. Watch this space as I continue to age disgracefully and shout from the rooftops that I am not anti ageing I am all for PRO AGEING I love ageing and appreciate that it is a privilege to age. I do not mind being called OLD because I do not see that as a negative it is a positive and I am all for having a positive outlook on life.



Comments

  1. affordable dentist Scarborough
    Dr. Salim Kapadia Dental Centre is a patient-centred certified best dental office near Markham Road in Scarborough. Using the latest dental technologies, our team delivers quality dental services. We give our patients personalized attention and we value long term relationships with our patients. We are one of the most affordable dentist in Scarborough, Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SanoMed Pharmacy & Compounding Centre offers fast, reliable and customized compounding services. They also offer prescription transfer, prescription fill, refill and free delivery within Toronto! This is your go-to pharmacy in Downtown Toronto for Covid-19 Vaccination, Rapid Antigen Test & Rapid Antibody Test.

    covid vaccine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this valueable information with us
    Please visit: Covid Recovery Certificate

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second wave of testing became available for people concerned about the delta version. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) began advising COVID-19 self-collection or self-test kits by November (also called home COVID tests or at-home COVID tests). Flowflex antigen rapid test

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved reading your thoughts, obviously you know what are you talking about! Your site is so easy to use too, I’ve bookmark it in my folder
    book driving test earlier

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ONE WOMAN, ONE MOTORHOME, ONE FRENCH ADVENTURE

MAGIC HAPPENS WHEN WOMEN GET TOGETHER FOR ADVENTURES

WILL I COPE TAKING MY MOTORHOME OVER TO FRANCE ON MY OWN, AT 64YRS OLD?